If you have been charged with driving while intoxicated (DWI), driving under the influence (DUI), or any other criminal offense, it is critical to obtain experienced legal representation to ensure the most positive outcome for your case. Matthew Gallagher is a licensed Attorney at Law in the state of Texas and has experience in defending DWI, DUI, and other criminal offenses in Houston.
During the stress of an arrest or a police interrogation, many accused individuals make mistakes and say things that prove devastating to their later defense. The accused individual has the right to legal counsel and the right to remain silent; giving up these rights can help the government secure a criminal conviction against the accused that can impair their ability to find future employment among many other things. The consequences of a criminal conviction can have devastating effects on their future.
Contacting a qualified Houston criminal defense attorney before making any statements to the police or agreeing to any type of meeting can prevent the accused from damaging their own case. As a skillful and knowledgeable Houston criminal defense attorney, Matthew Gallagher has been successful in getting many cases dismissed outright. In other cases, he has been able to come to very favorable plea agreements with prosecuting attorneys to allow his clients to avoid felony and/or misdemeanor convictions that could seriously affect their future.
Matthew Gallagher can provide help in a wide range of practice areas that include the following:
- Misdemeanor and felony DWI
- Administrative license revocations
- Drug offenses, including possession, possession with intent to sell, distribution, and prescription medication fraud
- Domestic violence
- Child endangerment or abuse
- Juvenile offenses
- Internet-related criminal activities
- Theft, including shoplifting, burglary, and robbery
- Vehicular crimes
- Sex-related crimes, including prostitution
If you or someone you know has been charged with or is under investigation for any of these alleged criminal offenses, you need to enlist the help of a qualified Houston criminal lawyer to present the best defense possible. Matthew Gallagher follows the guiding principles listed below in defending his clients:
The accused deserves the most effective legal representation at all stages of the investigation process and during court proceedings.
- By thinking outside the box and defending each case vigorously, more positive outcomes can be achieved for the client.
- Every avenue should be explored when defending clients against the charges brought against them.
- By working with clients and understanding their needs as individuals, the defense team can ensure the most beneficial results in each case.
- Providing legal guidance and emotional support throughout the proceedings can help clients to navigate these difficult times and may allow them to assist more effectively in their own defense.
- By choosing Matthew Gallagher to defend your rights and represent your case in, and out of court, you can ensure that you will receive the most effective representation to achieve the best possible outcome in your DWI, DUI, or criminal case.
- Houston Christian High School Class of 2001
- Texas A &M University Class of 2005, B.B.A.
- South Texas College of Law Class of 2010, J.D.
- Licensed to practice law in Texas Courts by the Supreme Court of Texas
- United States District Court – Southern District of Texas
- Certified Standardized Field Sobriety Practitioner
- Certified Standard Field Sobriety Instructor
- Certified Mediator
- National College of DUI Defense
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- The College of the State Bar of Texas
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association
- Houston Bar Association